chocolate lava cake



Hello, dear readers (if I have any at all) and welcome to the new ones :-)


I have decided to come back to writing on the blog due to various reasons. First of all, weather urges you to sleep (here's a photo of my window view )
Even peeking at this photo, I get that sleepy feeling, as my head is sinking deeper into my cozy big pillow and my eyelashes almost touch the edges of my eyes. But as I'm opening the "my documents" folder, my eyes open widely because they're visually attracted by the delicious mold of chocolate and I start to sense the flavour in my mouth, actually I'm drooling over this tremendous piece of cake. I will share with you (the photos, not the cake, I'm not a selfish person, but when it comes to this, I'd rather weight 50 kilos than have an empty mouth) I will also present the recipe, though it's very easy to hit "lava cake" on Google. There are multiple recipes, it was very difficult for me to choose one because they used different amount of ingredients, but I managed to pick one that almost gave me a "foodgasm".
Looks yummy, doesn't it? It has the exact same taste like the professionally baked cakes from fancy restaurants. And besides, you don't have to cope with angry/frustrated waitresses who grab the plate 1 second after you finished eating and they ask you: "Do you pay cash or by card?" Now let's move on to my little corner of paradise, and I'm not speaking in a metaphoric way. Here's what I used:


- 2 chocolates (2 x 85 g dark chocolate) it's essential to pick the best, even if it's more pricey



- 125 g butter



- 3 eggs



- 3 spoons of flour



- 3 spoons of sugar



- a blender



- 3 baking cupcake/muffin recipients



- ice cream



- optional: whipped cream, strawberries, whatever you prefer


First step is to melt the chocolate with the butter in a recipient placed over another one. You can also melt them together in a recipient only but you have to make sure you don't melt them at a high temperature. Meanwhile, you mix the eggs with the flour and the sugar. I used a blender because it's easier and faster. The mixture should have a pale and fluffy aspect. When you're done, you just add the melted chocolate and stir until you get a creamy dark chocolate texture. The last step is to fill up the muffin molts and put them in the oven at 200 C degrees. 
Be careful : the over must be pre-heated ! Don't keep them for more than 10 minutes, even though it may look that they are not well-baked. It's just a false impression: they inside must be fluid, like a steamy lava. You can decorate the plate however you like, just make sure to add vanilla ice cream - the hot fuzzy chocolate and the icy vanilla match perfectly.


Ta-daah, the final result!



0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Add me on Facebook

Who am I?

http://picasion.com/i/1TQ3t/
amateur blogger from Romania, interested in fashion, lifestyle and with a recently discovered passion for cooking